Program Update: March 2014
- Alums Hired @ UConn We are proud to welcome Sean Vasington (class of ’99) and Ian Dann (class of ’05) back to campus as accomplished professionals now in key positions with UConn’s office of Planning, Architecture and Engineering Services.
- Grad Student Published Check out masters student Rachel Gilroy’s sustainable design lesson plan developed for high school curriculum published in the LEAF (Leaders in Environmental Action for the Future) Anthology. Click Here.
- Faculty Travels Professors Miniutti & Schwab journey to China this month to pursue development of an educational exchange program with Nanjing Agricultural University. Professor Westa heads a landscape architectural accreditation review team at Iowa State University.
- Monthly Discussion Forum Check out our environmental planning debates developed by this semester’s LAND 3230W students. Contribute your comments! Click Here.
Program Update: February 2014
- Re-Activated Blog We’re putting renewed energy into our program blog. Please participate in our monthly topical discussions which will be fueled by the work of students in our design writing course, and help up us reach you by leaving your email and connecting us with classmates.
- Young Bldg./Studio Renovations After a year as refugees in make-shift quarters across campus, we moved back into our better-than-new home at the base of Horse Barn Hill in late August 2013. With an expanded open-concept studio to accommodate all three levels, new presentation space, and all-new studio furnishings, the renovations provide an inspiring setting for design education.
- Fall Design Juries Thanks to visiting studio critics who contributed to juries over the fall 2013 semester: Chris Ferrero of Fuss & O’Neill, Michael Hunton of Langan Associates, Bill Weckman of Richter Cegan Associates, Brian Kent of Kent+Frost Associates, and Linda Painter, Manfield Town Planner.